Friday, August 15, 2008

Kevan's First "Real" Contribution

Some have asked what I contribute to the blog. My biggest contribution has been to let Sara do all the writing. WARNING: my first real post lacks the excitement of the usual epic adventure and it won't read like Sara's posts. However, there won't be lots of words, and there will be some pictures to look at. My kind of post.

I noticed lately that the kids have become very interested in the blog and ask to read it a lot. I guess it's like looking at the family album...only funny...at least when Sara posts.

This post is mostly for the kids--especially Emma--and the grandparents. These pictures capture some of who Emma is, and some of them are pretty good photographs too.

After the new year, the younger kids got to see some of the places in Washington, D.C. that only Jake and Jess had seen before. It was freezing cold, but Emma still wanted to pose for a picture at the Jefferson Memorial.
"The Awakening," a statue of a giant bearded man that appears to be emerging from the ground, was a favorite of ours when we lived in D.C. It was perfect place for Emma, who ran around and jumped and climbed all over the statue.

In Monterey, when it was time to come inside for dinner, Sam was always digging in the dirt, and Megan was always playing at a neighbor's house. Emma was usually climbing a tree. (photo courtesy of Grandma Lewis) Emma can never swing fast or high enough. Never. I can't wait until she gets a driver's license. No, really... Emma looked up from her book just long enough to get one good smile. Then she was right back into her book.
Emma really wanted to climb the rocky peak behind Grandma Raynes' cabin in Teasdale. She made it.

At Capitol Reef, in Central Utah, Emma climbed into every nook and cranny she could get into, including this cave in the canyon wall.
Evaluating how much fun she is really having. At least she wasn't fetching a wayward baby brother...in this picture.
Sunday, uhhh, I mean Friday before church in Cairo.
Standing by the mast at the front of the boat, feeling the wind. Almost exciting enough for Emma.
Emma: I love you! Dad

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alas, the third child. I must say, the third is always the best out of the bunch...not that I'm biased or anything (and yes, I happen to be the third. Coincidence?) Such darling photos!

Jaime said...

Kevan,

You never gave me your email? Please post that up. Gavin talks about Emma all the time. I hope that you can move back to Monterey. Tell Emma that Gavin says hello. Can I get your mailing address? Email me at zunigahome@yahoo.com

regards,
Albert

Brent and Emily said...

How cute! In the "awakening" picture, she looks kinda gangster. What up, Homes!?

Karen said...

My name is Karen; I'm Andrew Heiss's mom. Nancy directed me to your blog, and I'm loving it! It's nice to know Andrew & Nancy are over there in Cairo with such great people. Thanks for having them over for dinner. We'll miss them, but we're happy they have this opportunity to learn, work, and serve in Egypt. Again, thanks for taking care of them!

Katie said...

I love the last picture of Emma. I think it's so cute! Thanks for your contribution Kevan!

Wendi said...

Awww...I love daddy/daughter posts. Cute pictures!