Friday, August 1, 2008

I promise we didn't disappear

We just got buried in boxes.

This is what our apartment looked like on Saturday, early afternoon:

Our bedroom:
The Girls' Dormitory:
Jake's room:
Dining Room:
Living Room/Office (hi Kev!):
Kitchen:
And then this is what it looked like a mere 5 hours later:





There are no original pictures of Sam's room, because he was asleep when I was taking them, and nothing's worth waking him up. Trust me on this one. And then there are no "after" pictures of Jake's room, because the boy only brought Legos. He was unpacked in like 5.4 seconds. We'll be contacting Guinness shortly.

These last pics aren't so much of Sam's room; they're just my attempt at capturing his extreme joy at his new bed. We bought it off of craigslist right before we left, and he never saw it. So the delight of going in to his room and discovering a blue car (both favorite things) was off the charts.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

How is it that your place is so gigantic? MAN, I would hate to see it if you only has 2 kids! :) Rally, it is gorgeous and I am happpy that you got your stuff, what a difference legos makes.

Love your blog - thanks for the giggles - Brad and I were both laughing out loud - it makes you seem not so far away!

Miss you!

Unknown said...

Sam is looks like a cute little stinker. We just barely bought Owen the same exact bed off of ksl.com and he feels the same way about it: a BLUE... CAR??? awesome. he refers it as one word now: carbed. (pronounced car-bed really fast, not a shortened version of the word to desribe being adaquately filled with bread: carbohydrated...ha ha, i know that was pretty retarded)

Jarad said...

It looks like a great place, and you already have some friends. I think you are fabulous parents for getting Sam a blue car bed!

Katie said...

Sam is so cute in those pictures!!! Glad you made it out from under all the boxes!

Wendi said...

Yeah, that last picture of him grinning in his bed is the best! :)

Sara said...

Kelly, if we only had 2 kids our place would be 3 bedrooms instead of 4. Apartments are just huge here. Shon and Kirsten don't have any kids and their apartment is almost as big as theirs. We told them we had a few spare kids if they needed something/one to fill those extra rooms :)

Rachel, Sam calls his bed a "boo" and then, well, I don't really know how to spell it. He calls a car the sound he thinks it makes. So stick out your tongue and make a motor noise, and then send me a picture of you doing it. So he calls his bed a "boo that noise." And I can tell I've spent enough (too much?) time around small children, because I read the "carbed" as it is supposed to be pronounced a la Owen. :)

Rochelle, it was all Kevan. I was all for keeping him in a crib until he's at least 15, but we saw the bed on CL and Kev insisted we get it for him. I'm happy to take the credit for the coolness factor though!

Katie, a definite perk to only bringing about 1/5th of all our stuff is that it makes the unpacking a whole lot faster!

Thanks, Wendi. I was trying not to be an obnoxious mom because I have about 10 or so pictures pretty much the same as those 2, so I just tried to post my favorites :)

Sun Productions said...

I'm arriving on your blog from Stephanie Roberts' blog...I am so loving this whole blogging thing (I know, I'm late to the party)...I'm here in Paraguay laughing because I'm pretty sure that I and 25 of my closest friend here have that same, exact dining room table, and perhaps the shelves...

Chantelle Murakami (now Sundwall)