Friday, August 8, 2008

And here I thought it took hard work and perseverance

But it turns out that all you need in order to achieve your dreams is to come shopping in Cairo. I just don't know what you non-military are going to do. I guess keep workin'! Suckahs...
And a full shot of the doorway, so that you can truly appreciate the full awesome-ness of it. Kevan included to show scale. (No, not really; he's included because, well, he was there). I don't see how it gets any cooler than an eagle and pyramids. I feel my dreams coming true already.
I've been wanting to get a shot of that doorway since the first time I laid eyes on it a month ago, but this is the first time we've been there when there hasn't been anyone around while we were outside. I am truly a chicken.

And now for some gratuitous picture posting. This is purely for my benefit and the joy these pictures bring me. Earlier this week, Sam was not very happy about going down for his nap (I know! Shocking!), but we just let him be and eventually he settled down/accepted the inevitable. But when I went in to check on him later, this is the sight that greeted me, much to my sheer delight:
And an aerial view:
So that you don't think I'm pro-suffocation, that blanket is very loosely woven, and I pulled it off of his face right after these pictures were taken. Also, you should know that ever since he was a tiny baby, he doesn't truly settle down to sleep unless he has something on or near his face. He almost always has that over his face when I check on him at night, and I always pull it off. And sometimes, even in his sleep, he puts it right back on.

10 comments:

Brent and Emily said...

Maybe he and Michael Jackson's son, "Blanket" would get along...

That is truly awesome though. And I think that I shall find the money to come to visit you, just so that I can go to the commissary and have all my dreams come true. Do they charge extra for civilians?

Camille Farias said...

Hey! I want my dreams to come true, too! Is anyone invited or is it members-only? Is there a cover charge? I need to know more!

Kristen Lewis Jorgensen said...

I love it! (and I love his bed!)

Wendi said...

And I love how the aerial view of Sam and the eagle on the sign look a wee bit similar. I thought for sure you were going to work it into the post.

Oh...and I hope all your dreams indeed DO come true! :)

Mo The Conquerer said...

Darn it! I didn't know my dreams were in Egypt!!! Kevin always sleeps buried deep in the blankets, like a puppy dog. The package is on its way to you, I mailed it today!

Brenna said...

Sara, I LOVE reading your blog. I can just hear your voice when I do and it makes me smile. I tell ya, if I could enter a commissary and get the prices you people do, all of MY wildest dreams would be fulfilled...except for the diving with whale sharks part. Do they sell those too? If so I am joining the military.

melissa said...

So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong, dreams-wise! I wasn't looking in the right place! Thanks for setting me straight on that one.

gunnarson said...

I love the commissary entry! I miss the commissary period let alone an entry like that! And I LOVE the pictures of Sam... Gavin does the exact same thing.. always puts something over his face and it helps him go to sleep. I am glad you cleared up the fact that you are not pro suffocation though. I was a bit worried :)

Anonymous said...

I guess that's why my dreams are at a stand still! ;) I've got two kids who love sleeping with blankets on or around their faces. Makes me nervous and at the same time, I wonder how it is possible to sleep like that and actually...well...sleep!

Katie said...

I think my favorite part of the pics of Sam is the juice cup resting on his chest. I think that's hilarious! I'm surprised it's not under the blanket too.