(...just the way we like 'em!)(Oh, I kid. It's our vegetarians we like good and cruel.)
This is another of Megan's homework assignments. I think maybe I should start a separate blog devoted entirely to the hilarity that is her education.
For this assignment, there is a wordless cartoon strip with pilgrim-like people getting ready for Thanksgiving. First there is the piping hot pie. Mmm...pie... Then Mother Pilgrim sends the menfolk out to get a turkey, said menfolk chase said turkey, and then poor Mr. Lurkey, perhaps sensing he is not long for this world, pleads for his life. At this point, the children are supposed to draw in the last frame what they think happened.
As you can see, the turkey's pleas fell on deaf ears. Mmm...turkey...
P.S. No, I don't know why one of the pilgrims at Megan's table looks like a skeleton. Perhaps karma for killing off the turkey? You be the judge.
P.P.S. To prove that I'm really not kidding about needing another blog for these, I have another of Meg's school papers to post tomorrow.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
My Daughter is a Heartless Carnivore
Posted by Sara at 7:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm pretty sure that I had this same assignment when I was in third grade. And if I could find it, you'd see that I had a similar outcome (minus the skeleton). My favorite part was drawing the buckles on the pilgrims' hats and shoes.
Your kid is disturbing. And by disturbing, I mean hilarious.
So the skeleton looks like Jack from Nightmare Before Christmas. Love that little Meggie!! LOVE the assignments. Let me know when that other blog is up and running. Love you guys.
by the way, my Mom just informed me that your blog is the only blog she looks at with any sort of frequency. (Proof: Every time I see her she says, "Have you seen K and S's blog recently??" then chuckles.) I promptly responded with "ouch!!" lol. Feel special. Very special.
Post a Comment