Monday, November 17, 2008

Traffickers Beware!

Traditional desert life on the Arabian peninsula is typically described by contradictory descriptions:

On the one hand there is the harsh and cruel aspect of excruciatingly high temperatures, a dearth of water and vegetation, and the dry, shifting desert sands that blow with the howling wind for miles and miles.

On the other hand, there is the generosity and hospitality of the desert people who offer three days food and shelter to any approaching traveler with no questions asked, or the hours of socializing and drinking tea and enjoying entertaining dances in the tents of friends and family.

Today's example is quite modern, and every traveler to Saudi will be subject to both the harsh and cruel and the generous and hospitable:



So I say again: Traffickers Beware!

2 comments:

Camille Farias said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I'll keep this in mind the next time I bring a large shipment of narcotics through the Middle East.

gunnarson said...

Ok so I am little behind on blogging, but I always love to come to yours! I love your tagged post for MOE and loved learning more about you and Kevan :) You two are just so cute! I do really love the white shirt you are wearing in the pics. Super cute. I also love Megan's political stance she is taking. Too funny!