Hey folks,
So I can't think of anything to write about. Sure I could tell you about Halloween, or maybe Kev could put up some more cool pics from Saudi, but that takes effort, and I think it's a long-established fact that me no likey effort. Plus I'm having a hard time choosing which of the pictures from Halloween to put up, and Kevan's off on the range everyday, so at this rate you might not see another post until February.
My dad likes to say that he doesn't think that necessity is the mother of invention, rather that laziness is. Sometimes I agree with him (Look, Dad! It's in writing!), as evidenced by the following: I had a great idea! How about any or all of you that read here ask me questions you'd like to know the answer to? Holly, does your dad read this? In that case, what I totally meant was how about any or all of you that read here ask me questions to which you would like to know the answer? (I also know the proper usage of older vs. oldest, Holly's Dad. I swear.)
See? Great idea! It can be about anything you can think of, and I'll just ignore the ones I think are stupid. And smart-alecky (Nathan, I'm looking at you). It occurred to me that we might not be presenting you, our friends and families (and any creepy lurkers that may be hanging about, welcome!), with a very complete picture of what our life in Egypt is like. We have some friends who write thoughtful, insightful things about their experiences here, and me, well, I put up random pictures with smart-aleck remarks (I blame growing up with Nathan).
So if there's something you've been wanting to know, or anything you'd like to know more about, ask away. For instance, why do I still care whether or not Holly's dad corrects my grammar? Was Nathan really that bad growing up? Oh, yeah, and maybe anything you might be interested in about, you know, Egypt.
Friends, family, and creepy stalkers alike, we want to hear from you! Though, if you're truly creepy, we may also want to block you. But first we want to hear from you! If you're not creepy but have been chillaxin' out there in the woodwork, even better.
Whatcha got for us? Help us to help you. (And what I mean by that is of course, don't make me spend any more time trying to think of something interesting to write about while simultaneously feeling guilty that I'm not writing about anything at all, interesting or otherwise!) (I am so not kidding about being lazy.)
Monday, November 10, 2008
Do my work for me
Posted by Sara at 11:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
My question: Have you considered that some of your readers may be just as lazy as you are, and thinking of a question takes work too? (I feel like I earned bonus points for forming a question without putting any effort into it.)
Let's see... Okay, here are a few questions.
1. How are your kids (specifically your older ones) dealing with living in Egypt? I just keep thinking of Annie at 13 and I'm not sure what I'd think about moving to Africa for a year.
2. Are there certain things you just shouldn't do there (i.e. drink the water)?
I'm sure I have more but it's late and I'm sleepy. :)
1. How big are the cockroaches there? Mind taking a picture next to a silver dollar for sizing?
2. Do you have any pets? Cats, dogs, scorpions?
3. What is the most interesting dish you have eaten there? And, will the kids eat it?
4. When you are in town, will you all come for dinner?
My question is how is the branch and are you the primary president yet? --Rochelle
I agree with Roni. Effort--we no likey. However, since I am one of those non-creepy readers who has been chillaxin' in the woodwork, you can at least be excited that you elicited a comment from me! Er, I mean, "From me a comment having been elicited..." No: "Which comment, having been therefrom elicited..." Wow, I don't know Holly or Holly's Dad, but I think that between asking questions and advanced prepositional grammar, the grammar is the harder of the two. Let's go back to colloquially asking questions we wanna know the answer to. Would that be a'ight?
Here's my question: What's so wrong with putting up random pictures with smart-aleck remarks? It's oh-so entertaining to read your stream-of-consciousness posts, and darn it all I wanna see more pictures of where you live: apartment, inside and out. Also, what's the local buzz about the newest pyramid to be discovered there in Cairo?? Love y'all (even though I'm not from Texas), Teri
So here's my question: Although it is lame to be tagged and then actually follow through and post the tag on your own blog, when are you going to do the thing I tagged you on? I think it would be hilarious. And it makes for a nice, long post into which you can post pictures but at the same time not have to come up with your own topic to blog about. I believe that fits your criteria?
Tell us your love story! (Now I'm running to the corner to snicker with Nathan)
Zina said, "I wonder if they see any kitties there?" tonight as I was showing her on our world atlas where Cairo is....recently we watched a PBS short about cats in Egypt and how they were once pampered house cats, but now they're NOT. I know you guys don't have one, but eight-year-old inquiring minds want to know about the kitties!
I would like to know what your life was like when you and kevin met vs. you and kevin with kids. For exsample... Jeff and I use to listen to rap in the car and now we listen to princess theme songs and primary songs. Can't wait to see how your life has changed. Love and miss ya, Sarah Laflan
I'm with the love stories requests! Tell about meeting, how life changed (for better or craziness).
Ditto on how the kids are liking and adjusting to life in Egypt.
How much are you in the culture/real world vs on base?
Ditto on the branch.
(i figure if you get duplicate votes then you'll know we really mean them?)
Rebecca wants to know if you still speak English.
I want to know what you want for Christmas...besides maybe a few bags of Mother's Cookie Parade???
Post a Comment