Contrary to what you might think, we're still here. But we haven't actually been here here very much lately, so blogging's been a little difficult to keep up with. Also, I'm lazy.
So here's what's up with us: since the last time I posted, we went to Turkey for Spring Break, Kevan's parents came to visit and we took them to Upper Egypt and Jordan, Kevan and I went to Syria for a week, Megan lost two teeth, Jacob turned 12 (don't tell me about that though; I'm in denial), and Sam said, "No, not!" a lot. And coming up we have a weekend trip to Alexandria in the works, my baby sister and her husband are coming to see us, two sets of movers, one last trip for Kevan without us, the end of the school year, a family trip to Israel, and then heading back to America.
My goal is to give at least the highlights of all of this before, say, Sam starts high school (and maybe, if you're really lucky, I might even finish telling you about the Tunisia trip!). Please don't hold me to that though. Jess is starting high school in September (also something you might not want to mention to me, as I will likely pretend I can't hear you), and I still haven't made her baby book. Miracles happen though, and I'm going to give it the ol' college try, whatever the freak that means.
And that picture up there at the top? That's for anyone who wants to live vicariously through me. I took that in a mosque in Jordan while Sam was throwing a full-on tantrum so that I could document, as I told Kevan, just how glamorous my life really is :)
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Hi. We're not dead.
Posted by Sara at 8:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Glad you're back to the blogging world. That family trip to Israel includes me!!
We're so excited, Mel! (And not just because it will tip the adult-to-child ratio to our favor ;) Can't wait to see you!
I haven't started Rachel's baby book yet and I was just thinking that I should start something before this next baby comes.
But then I thought that I could just make her do it herself like my friend's mom made her kids do. :)
We're glad you're back but are not glad that you are leaving so soon. What are we going to do without you?!
So glad to see you posting again! I missed reading them! I LOVE the pic of Sam...and also picturing the scene that accompanied it. It makes me feel my life is normal and that I am not alone! Have fun on all of your trips! Good thing you are not in Cali or you would be in jail by now! lol
I'm glad that you posted again and am especially glad that you all aren't dead. ;) Wow! You've been doing a lot of gallavanting around over there and it sounds like you've got a lot still planned.
I threw some pages together of Mike's mission 3 days before he got home. I scrapbooked 3 pages right after the MTC and now this. James comes next...you know how second children don't even get a baby book. lol I love reading how you are doing! Have fun with your company!
I'm wondering how many kids will ever have pictures of themselves throwing tantrums in a mosque in the middle east. Most kids only throw tantrums in McDonald's. So, Yes, your life IS that glamorous :)
Ha ha ha. Love it! Can't wait to see you guys again! I can't believe Jake is 12, and Jessie is about to start high school!!! That makes ME feel old. Good Luck getting everything done before you get home!
Do you know where you are going to live next? Or would you have to kill me if you told me?
Post a Comment