Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hey Lydia, I might be wrong

but I think he likes it.

His first sighting of the greatest shirt his eyes have e'er beheld:

Here he's saying, "Awe-thum!"
And here he's saying, "It's my betht buddy Why-den TWEEN!"
Thank you, Lydia! We miss you, but we're sure glad you're using your newly stateside-acquired buying power for good. Thanks also for the treats and bags; you have no idea how happy I am :)

P.S. to everyone else: Sam is just a little fond of Lightening McQueen. He calls any and all red thing "Lightening McQueen" (cars are especially appreciated, but shirts, signs, and apples will do as well). He even calls our silver Dodge Durango "Lightening McQueen." I guess because it's our car that makes it awesome, and if it's an awesome car that makes it Lightening. Our good friends the Penrods just moved back to the U.S., and today we got a little care package from Lydia. Now we just need to hope that the shirt survives the rest of our time in Egypt, seeing as how it's entirely possible he will insist on wearing it every. single. day.

5 comments:

Wendi said...

That's cool that he got THAT excited about his new shirt. What a nice friend to send it to him. :)

Lydia said...

Although the awesomeness is dampened a little bit by the tacky TAG I left on. Sorry. I just couldn't walk by a "why-den tween" shirt without thinking of Sam. Jacqui misses her friend. (so does Lydia. why am I talking about myself in the third person?)

jendoop said...

THAT is too cute!

Christina Bassi said...

Great pictures. He is sooo excited. Man, I can't believe how big he has gotten. Mr. Dominic loves Lighting too!

Sarah said...

You did a great job capturing his reception of the shirt! Yay, Sam; may he always been so delighted with thoughtful gifts.