Monday, October 27, 2008

Its My Birthday Present to Me

I'm so happy!*

Sam has a new favorite thing to do. He counts to 10. All. the. time. He wakes up counting, he lulls himself to sleep counting, he greets me with counting (and will bop anyone who dares to try to count with him), and the one and only way I can keep him even a little bit quiet in Sacrament Meeting is by writing "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10" overandoverandover. Whenever he's sitting on my lap while I'm at the computer, he either names the letters or, shocker!, counts the numbers. So the other night I opened up good ol' Photobooth and caught him in action.

Please enjoy (note that the 2nd and 3rd times through he's saying "shee-shoo"--zero--because my computer is defective and doesn't have a "10" key):

Another current obsession of Sam's is any movie made by Leapfrog. We call them all "The Talking Frog Show," but we have a few of them. Well, there's this one (it has a real name, but I don't know what it is, and I sure as heck ain't getting up to go look) that has a song about punctuation. Woo! We sure know how to have a good time 'round here! So the song goes "Punc-punc, punc-punctuation...something something...big finish...YEAH!" And Sam. Oh Sam. Really just about my favorite thing right now is hearing him sing this. So this video is my attempt to get him to sing it for the camera. It took a little doing. There is about a minute I didn't include in the clip because all he was doing was...wait for it...counting.

Please pay special attention to the end when he gives the thumbs-up while saying "YEAH!" He is still a thumbs-upping novice, and he likes to check his work.

Also, I have to point out that Sam has both a lisp and a wonderfully husky lil singing voice. Those are two of the top reasons I don't ship him home to Grandma some days. (We just won't mention that, while either grandma would surely take him, they would just as surely ship him back promptly.)



*If you can correctly name the movie I'm quoting here, well, then I knew there was a reason I've always liked you so much!

17 comments:

Wendi said...

Hope you had a great birthday. Those videos of Sam were SO cute and entertaining. :)

temaire said...

He is just adorable! Hope you had a great birthday!

Mika said...

Oh, easy. Emperor's New Groove. Give us something challenging next time!

Anne N said...

So cute! Taylor likes counting to - but only to 3; after that every number is 2. It's so cute to see him concentrating so hard to count and hearing his little voice say, "Onnne, doooo, treeee!"

Also, I totally got the Emperor's New Groove quote. :)

Hope you had a great birthday!

Brent and Emily said...

Well, duh! It's Emperor's New Groove! That is on my all time favorites list. And Brent had never seen it before we met so I made him watch it on our first date.

Sam's adorable. :)

Did you get the e-card I sent you? If not, Happy Late Birthday! Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!! Hope you're enjoying the nice warm weather there. And I have to say, Emperor's New Groove is one of my favorite movies! I love "fev-ven" (7). So absolutely adorable!

Katie said...

Remember how jess and jake used to just play the menu for EVER and do the kuzko dance? hee hee hee. "*finger in air* To the thecret lab!!! "

Kevan said...

Absolutely awesome! Sam you are great! Sar, thanks for posting these. It made my day.

Brenna said...

So, if I didn't know what movie that quote was from does that mean we can no longer be friends? If so, than, ya of course it was the Emperor's New Groove...duh!
I believe you have a mathmatician on your hands. Lily and I were cracking up at his shee shoo. Too cute!

Sara said...

So I guess my other birthday present is comfort in the knowledge that so many people I love know my favorite Disney movie so well.

Brenna, you know my price. Send cupcakes, and all is forgiven :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sara! I love Sam. I would take another boy in my house for him. well...I am getting old...maybe I should just be his Great Aunt..lol

Sarah said...

That was Awesome! I could only hope my kids were that smart! He is so cool! Happy Birthday! The laflans

Tiffani Makely said...

Emperor's New Groove is my favorite. I love to say "pull the lever Kronk" ever time the kids have to move the seat of the car.

Sam is so cute. Maybe that's why we have a Sam too! Isn't it fun when they start learning to count, sing, and know their abc?

I hope you had a Great Birthday!!!
I've been thinking of you and wanted to post a birthday message!

Love Ya!

T J V said...

Thanks for the much needed laugh filled break from work. Sam is a cutie for sure. Happy belated Birthday!

Kelly said...

We watch the clips EVERY day. Alessandra is now counting with him - down to the shoo-shoo... LOVED THOSE!! Thanks for sharing such a great moment! You really aren't THAT far away... (at least in my brain)

Holly said...

Sam is so cute! i love how he says seven!
Happy birthday!
-Marie

Jules said...

Seven is my favorite number too!