Today we went to a Halloween party. The younger three children dressed up. Thanks to Lydia and her dress-up box, I had to spend neither money nor effort on their costumes. Megan wanted to be an angel, and Lydia had a perfect white poofy dress for it. Megan was thrilled. And then she saw that there was also a silver star wand. So Megan is a fairy. Emma is a 50's girl. She still wants me to try to put together a Kit (the American Girl Doll) costume for the school party next week, but I'm thinking that I'm going to try to talk her into staying with the 50's costume. I'm thinking that promising her that she can wear make-up might just do the trick. Sam is wearing a gallabeya--traditional Egyptian clothing--that belonged to Lydia's son. All of them are very cute, but I will confess that Sam in his costume was my greatest source of joy today. Irrational amounts of joy, really.
Kevan snapped a couple of pics of the be-costumed ones on our way out the door, and I took several pictures of all of them at the party, but wasn't really happy with how any of the pictures I took came out, so I figured I would just wait until next week to show you their costumes. I hadn't seen any that Kevan had taken...until tonight when I emptied my camera onto my computer and started looking through the pictures.
There was one shot in particular that just cannot wait until next week. I have to share it right away so that you can have an even better day than I hope you are already having.
Now my joy is complete:
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Because I Want You to Be as Happy As I Am Right Now
Posted by Sara at 11:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Awesome! Sam makes the greatest faces!
Maybe he's not satisfied with his costume...
Did he want to be the fairy/angel?
Wait, so you guys are only there until June? Sorry to go off subject but my mom and I really want to come out there to see you guys and don't want to miss you...
Oh, Sara, that is priceless!! That did make my day!! LOL!
What a great angel costume! She must have been thrilled to be so beautiful! Love the face on Sam!
Sam...what a funny little guy!
Hahahahahahah - thanks, I needed a good laugh :)
Classic!
P.S. I tagged you on my blog. Don't hate me. I just think you're hilarious and that you could have some fun with the post.
Love ya!!
I love the things you share, Sara!
I had to read to be sure that odd kid next to the cute one really was one of yours... so funny!
I was that happy yesterday. Give your little guy a hug and a big bar of chocolate from me!
Oh man! thats so funny! I love your blog it makes me laugh so much! Sarah Laflan
It's amazing the stuff you can find on the net. I've been playing blog leapfrog and found myself staring at Sarah and Kevan from high school! It's been a while since we've had contact, it's fun to see your kids and you too.
If you want to exchange addresses for Christmas cards or something equally as cheesy my blog is Lajendi.typepad.com
-Jen (DeLapp) Pocock
Post a Comment