Friday, July 11, 2008

Two!

Thursday was spent celebrating the wonderfulness that is Sam. Well, not the whole day. After a whole bunch of sitting around, unpacking a few bags, more sitting, a little napping, and a little more sitting, we had cupcakes! I'm pretty sure it's a time-honored truth that where you have cupcakes, you have a party.

He looks entirely too grown-up, doesn't he?
Here's the birthday boy with the cupcakes. He knows the colors, but the only ones he can say are "boo" and "lellow," hence the frosting color choices.

He went through and named the color of every cupcake--"boo, lellow, boo, lellow..."
Just as cute as can be:
He tried very hard to blow out the candles,
but couldn't quite get it
so we tried turning the platter and bringing it closer to him,
and tried bringing the cupcake with the candles right up to his face, but still no luck,
but with a little help from Mom, he finally succeeded.
We haven't yet gotten our shipments that have his birthday presents in them, and the presents Grandma mailed haven't come yet, but Shon and Kirsten and Steve, another Marine we met here (Emma described him like this, "He's fun like Uncle Dave, but you can't climb on him;" we're just glad she's finally starting to differentiate), came for dinner and brought him a couple of toys. Sam is pretty easy to figure out, so he was of course thrilled with the box of cars from Steve and the giant Pooh Bear from Shon and Kirsten.

Luckily, being two, he neither noticed nor cared that that was all there was and had a grand time playing with them.
Plus once our shipment comes, it will feel like Christmas! Not that he knows what Christmas is, but still.

It was a perfect day. And not just because there were cupcakes.

7 comments:

Kristen Lewis Jorgensen said...

I love you Sam!! Happy Birthday and wish I could have been there!

Aunt Fee Fee

(p.s. Sara, have any idea how long packages take?)

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Sam! Those cupcakes looked delicious!!! I wished we could have eaten them with you!

Blackbadger said...

Happy Birthday Sam! We are glad that you have some trucks to play with. It looks like Winnie the Pooh is a great player too.

melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Sam!

Brent and Emily said...

Happy (late) Birthday, Sam!! :) Those cupcakes look yummy, Sara...

Brenna said...

Did that frosting have almond extract in it? MMMM looks good! I want a boo one! Happy #2 Sam!

Wendi said...

If she gets boo, then I get lellow. I love lellow...

I love your play-by-play picture action!