Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My first peek at the Nile

Other than flying over it, that is.

All this week Kevan's been going into the embassy to take care of his paperwork and checking in and all that, but yesterday I got to be the one to go so that I could go to the mandatory newcomers's welcome brief. I was on the wrong side of the road to get any good pictures of the river on the way into downtown, so I tried to get some on the way back. Traffic was pretty light, so we were going pretty fast, and therefore the pictures are pretty bad. But it's better than no pictures, right? (Just say, "yes.")


(You totally want that car, don't you?)

6 comments:

melissa said...

I am loving all your posts since you got to Egypt. What an adventure! Miss you and love you. Keep all the stories and pictures coming. They always make me smile. And laugh.

Anonymous said...

That's so much fun! What an awesome adventure you're having! Keep it coming...

Jarad said...

I am so excited to learn of your adventures. Our little blog, I fear, promises to be less exciting.

Mika said...

Oh yes, the passport came. They even tried to improve my skintones, which resulted in grainy orange blotches on my face and bright carrot-colored hair. We emailed a copy of the passport to the Korean consulate, asked them to process it as quickly as possible, and then...extenuating circumstances happened! Goodbye Korea!

Luckily I think you're having enough international adventures for all of us.

Kristen Lewis Jorgensen said...

Ready for a package? Send a want-list. :)

Wendi said...

Yes...