Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Products We Enjoy 1

The braver (is too a word) I get about snapping pics in public, the more entries there will be in this category.

This is toothpaste. Like unto Fitty Cent, but less with the hip-hop and more with the hygiene.
This is very special dish soap that is only available during Ramadan. Well, not the soap so much, but the super awesome Ramadan-lantern-shaped packaging.
There are more pictures of this because, obviously, I had to buy it. It would have been wrong not to. Who wouldn't want lantern-shaped dish soap, I ask you? Crazy people, that's who.
A better shot of the decorations on top:
I'm not sure this really qualifies as a product, per se, but it delights me to no end, so I'm including it. It is my cell phone, displaying the last phone call I made. See the date there? Didn't know there was a month abbreviated "Ram," did you? Well, as evidenced by the presence of lanterns full of dish soap in stores everywhere (What? You don't have them in your town? You should move), it is Ramadan, and today is the 22nd of Ramadan. So logically, that's what my cell phone says.
Someday maybe you can be as cool as me.

9 comments:

melissa said...

As cool as you? I highly doubt such a thing is possible.

Anonymous said...

Do you ship the dish soap via UPS or slow boat? Such an attractive addition in any kitchen! Happy Ramadan!

Wendi said...

LOVE the fittydent--and the sentence describing it. :D (Oooh, and your blog is suddenly much W I D E R...)

Kelly said...

LOVE THAT SOAP!!! I think that is a keeper that you must refill FOREVER! And who knew - RAM, I am going to start using that.

Yes, I second Wendi's comment - how did you do that, I would like blog to be wider too...

I learn so much from you smart people.

Katie said...

I like the fancy extra "L" in dialled. It's like "centre" or "theatre". Fittydent, eh? Sounds like denture paste...

Nancy said...

Just thought I'd share this with you. Scroll down to the picture of toothpaste and note the lovely brand in the center: Crust. Nice.

And we saw the lamp detergent, too. And took a picture. And I was totally planning on posting about it but now I'll look like a wannabe. Humph!

It looks nice on your counter, though! :) Very festive.

Jaime said...

That soap bottle is something else! I love looking at your blog--I never know what I will find. <:

Katharine said...

Believe it or not I missed the Lanterns!!! I never got the soap though. Thing should be getting back to normal though now that Ramadan and the Eid have ended. Ok "normal" for Egypt. Hope you all are getting as much out of it as I did!!!

Katharine

gunnarson said...

that is too funny! I guess I will have to get myself to Egypt soon! I love the extra l in dialled. In England they do all sorts of spellings like that as well. I LOVE the pics of Sam reading in bed! Hilarious!