Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's Official

Emma is only ever allowed to go on dates with her father, grandfathers, or uncles.
See why?
 
Our church had a Daddy-Daughter dance tonight for the 8 to 11-year old girls, but since Emma's dad is on the wrong side of the planet to be able to take her, Uncle Dave (Kevan's sister's husband) stepped in to be her date. He even brought her a sweet little wrist corsage.
Dave's brother lives in our stake and has a daughter Emma's age (and the two girls are great friends), so they went on a double date to dinner and then the dance.

All ready to go!
 
I have to confess that the main reason I included this particular shot is to show off the great view of the sunset you can see out the back window. Sorry your view isn't as great as ours. (Unless you're one of our neighbors, that is; in which case, wasn't the sunset beautiful tonight?)

See that smile on her face? It's been there ever since Dave came in the door, and I imagine it will be there all night.
Thanks, Dave, for taking such good care of our girl. We are so grateful to have family so close and so willing to help fill some of the holes Kevan's absence leaves.
  
 But seriously, no one but family is ever allowed to take this girl out. She's too pretty for our own good!

10 comments:

Kristen Lewis Jorgensen said...

Well, if I may say... (and I may) that might be the finest date Dave has had in almost 4 years! Way to represent Emma!

Jules said...

That is soooo sweet! It is great for our daughters to get a chance to dress up and be treated like a lady before they hit their teens. Very cute.

Ang said...

That post totally made my night! Emma is GORGEOUS and Dave, well, he's just cool. I hear all the girls under 12 go ga-ga for him.

Wendi said...

She really is so pretty. I'm glad she had an uncle to fill in while her dad is away. :)

Nancy said...

Ow, ow! She's gorgeous! I'm glad she was able to have a good time.

Also, ummm...you probably just about sold me on California, although we still have no idea where we're going yet. Didn't you mention something about having room for four more in your house? ;)

Jaime said...

Well, Gavin will be crushed. Emma was his first girlfriend--he goes for older girls.

Seriously, she is so beautiful!


We miss you guys.

Greek Goddess said...

Good to see a post from you. My daughter Rebecca has a daddy-daughter date coming up this weekend, too!
I don't know if you got my last message through Kevan's facebook but I sent you my email and our home phone number. We're so excited to meet up with you in the near future. Unfortunately we just found out two days ago that Warren is going to be losing his job. We hope we will find something around here and be able to stay locally, since we just bought a house a year ago and Warren has only been Bishop for 8 months. But we'll see where the road leads. Sorry this is so long but I don't have another way of contacting you!
Your daughter is so pretty. Hope you're hanging in there.
Take care,
Dorothea

Carole said...

I've been warning you about this potentially hazardous situation for years. . . Love, Gma

Brent and Emily said...

Yowzers! She's gorgeous.

And personally, I thought that particular shot was to show off the blue wall. ;)

Love you!

jendoop said...

Thanks for sharing this, it looks like she had a great time!

We have a Daddy Daughter event on the stake calendar and I've been a bit worried about the girls who don't have Dads to take them. Your post shows me that the girls love the experience even if they need a stand in dad.

Sorry Kevin couldn't be there, he would have wonderfully embarrassed Emma and she'd never want to go on a date again ;)