That was my heart breaking.
Ok, not really breaking, but yesterday was rather bittersweet.
My sweet little Megan, whose long blonde curls have always been one of my favorite things, got her hair cut yesterday. She's had a few trims here and there, and a couple of times we've had several inches taken off, but this time she wanted it short. Lately it's been really scraggly and hard to manage, and I guess, in theory, there comes a time when you maybe should let your children have a say in what their hair looks like, and she has been asking for a long time to get it cut.
So yesterday, I took her over to my friend Lydia's, who was nice enough to do it for us. Megan said, "Up to my ears!" and I said, "On your shoulders!" and we compromised with in between.
Here she is, all ready to go:One last shot of the length:
The first cut (I hear it's the deepest) :
All done! (Sorry about that shot, Lydia. Thanks for the free haircut!)
Definitely a thumbs up!
Not a great shot, but you can kind of see how much she loves it:
I'll miss the long curls some, I'm sure, but I don't think I'll miss the long morning detanglings, and really, she looks so darn cute. This morning she was so excited to be able to do her hair all by herself and have me let her leave the house afterwards. Win-win, if you ask me.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Did you hear that loud crack yesterday?
Posted by Sara at 3:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
It's cute. What happens if it's your boy that you can't bare to cut the curls off of? I hated cutting Gavin's curls off but the time comes... (:
Cute hair Megan!
Cute. *sniff*
I'm with you, Sara. I love(d) her long, beautiful hair.
I always wanted long hair when I was little and my mom always made me cut it. So I'm always surprised when little girls want short hair.
Are you sure she's normal?
Yay for Megan. Waaaaa for me.
I think it looks cute! :) Heather was much happier after she didn't have to deal with the de-tangling woes too. :)
Her long locks were absolutely beautiful. I have to also agree with you, but the short is cute, and she looks more than ecstatic about the cut! At least it's not a mullet!
She is so cute. I'll miss the curls, but she is such a cutie. She looks a lot like Jessie did when she whacked off her hair and needed Grandpa to fix it. Love it!
Those blond locks are beautiful. I understand why it was so difficult. But that cut is adorable and I agree win-win in the end :)
Eli did the same thing to me last week. "He-who-must-not-be-groomed" decided he needed his hair cut short and spikey. He got his wish and cut into the garbage were the only blond curls (read: chemotherapy waves) the Walker family has ever or will ever see. I feel your pain.
Cute cut, though.
I know how you felt. I felt the same way when my daughter wanted to chop them all off. :( But her hair does look so cute (your daughter and mine! lol).
Very cute!
YOU ROCK! Honestly that was the perfect little surprise to come home too, it even made it onto the blog. Absolutely summed up my day(s), haha.
Oh, and Thanks!
Post a Comment